Catherine Harrison is an experienced Registered Dietitian for over 22 years, Certified Diabetes Educator and the mother of four, one of which has (autoimmune) Type 1 Diabetes, her inspiration to specialize in diabetes. She loves what she does and is very passionate about using her vast experience and skill set to help her clients achieve their goals. Given her extensive experience in preventive and medical nutrition therapy, she is comfortable addressing any medical issue or challenge.
- Nutrition Consultant for private clients (January 1997-Present) and Owner of NutriWise LLC Nutrition Consulting, formed in July 2013 becoming an in-network provider with most major insurance companies.
- Certified Product Trainer with Insulet Corporation, makers of the Omnipod Insulin Management System (May’15-Present)
- Outpatient Dietitian and Diabetes Educator for Virtua Health System (March ’14-August ’15)
- Home Care Dietitian for BAYADA Home Health Care, Camden County proper and Camden City visits (Oct. ’08-June ’14)
- Clinical Dietitian for Our Lady of Lourdes Medical Center (Feb. ’94-June ’07) and Deborah Heart and Lung Center (Sept. ’93-Dec ’93-staff relief)
- Personal Chef for private clients (Oct. ’99-Dec. ’06)
- Nutritionist for Fit 4 Life, Inc. Personal Trainers (Jan. ’97-Nov. ’00)
- Cafeteria Supervisor, Computer Coordinator & Dietary Aide for Cooper Hospital’s Food & Nutrition Department (July ’89-Sept. ’92).
See Catherine’s LinkedIn profile for experience details.
- B.S. in Nutritional Science from Rutgers University- Cook College, New Brunswick NJ- May, 1992
- Internship at New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center (formerly known as The New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center) New York, NY – Sept. 1992 to Sept. 1993
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, since 1990 (Registered April 1994)
- The New Jersey Dietetic Association, since 1990
- The American Association of Diabetes Educators, since 2012 (Certified Nov. 2012)
Catherine has been a guest speaker for The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF), the “Let’s Talk Health” radio show on WNWR 1540AM, Philadelphia and has participated in various diabetes-related volunteer activities. She recently wrote a blog “Why Carb Counting Is Important” for www.diabetescare.net and was featured in her hometown school district newsletter’s “Where Are They Now“ and the RD profile for the NJDA eNews Spring 2016 Edition.
If you are interested in more information or to discuss your nutritional goals, please make an inquiry via email: firstname.lastname@example.org